Sore Throat Home Relief Using Ginger Tea
Sore throat or pharyngitis is a common problem with infection in the nasal congestion. Although this is our common definition of this pain and loss of voice coming from our throat, there are causes of it. Understanding what caused pharyngitis is just a move to learn how to apply natural pain relief using home remedies. Below are just some of the common cause of sore throat:
1. Shouting in frequent intervals and over stress or stretching of the vocal chords can lead to sore throat.
2. Common flu virus can cause sore throat as coughing may produce blisters in the mouth.
3. Did you know that over breathing in the mouth without proper lubrication by drinking water can also cause throat dryness and soreness?
4. Sinus drainage (post nasal drip) may cause a sore throat.
5. Bacteria also causes sore throat and the two most common bacteria responsible for this are Streptococcus and Arcanobacterium haemolyticum.
6. Treatment with chemotherapy, antibiotics or other immune-compromising medications may cause sore throat. This is due to Candida, commonly known as “thrush.”
Reminder: A sore throat that comes on and off or that which lasts for more than two weeks can be a sign of a serious illness, such as throat cancer or AIDS.
If you have health problems such as heart disease or high blood pressure, contact your health care professional before using these products.
Sore Throat Relief: (drinking ginger tea)
Here is a simple procedure on how to make ginger tea. Mix the yellow ginger and the common household ginger. A thumb size each kind will do. Pound the two ginger and boil in 2 cups of water. Drink the tea produced out of the mixture of the boiled yellow ginger and the household ginger. See photo above of the yellow ginger and the household ginger. In the Philippines, this ginger tea is commonly called as “salabat”.